Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- In 1986 Kate graduated, left Santa Barbara for San Diego and was pleasantly surprised by the new group of people that created an impressive Freestyle scene.
- Kate talks about the relationships between players of the other disc sports and why she thinks there were certain connotations they had of Freestylers.
- Randy asks Kate about her process when creating a routine.
- A move to Reno for a job and finishing her dissertation required her to put Freestyle on hold for a while.
- Then other life happened and took her in a different direction.
- Her desire is there, but her body parts don’t always cooperate.
- Kate shares some of her favorite Frisbee experiences, tricks, and kitchen utensils.
- She also has some valuable advice for new players.
Kate’s professional life has really taken off and she recently published a book called Fear-Less: The Art of Using Anxiety to Your Advantage. Learn more about the exciting work she is doing at KateDow.com
Such an inspiration! Definitely one of my freestyle heroes. What I would give to see some of the routines she talked about! So excited to hear she’s coming back into the scene.
Much awe and respect from Berlin!