The Spread the Jam Project helped shape the face of Freestyle Frisbee on YouTube. James Wiseman explains why he started the project, what he learned, and how the focus of his video efforts have shifted.
- James first encounters Freestyle Frisbee in Austin Texas, site of the American Freestyle Open in 2017
- The state of Freestyle Frisbee on YouTube at that time
- Tom Leitner takes James under his wing
- With the help of the FPA’s Spread the Jam Grant, James and friends embark on the project
- Success and Failure in the same breath
- Parallels between Freestyle Frisbee and skateboarding’s early days: skateboarding documentary DogTown and Z Boys
- Some videos of Rodney Mullen below: