Podcast: Play in new window | Download
- Stork talks about Frisbee, the essence of play, and how that impacts longevity.
- In these high-pressure times and the belief in no pain no gain, Frisbee can take people in a totally different direction.
- He appreciates how it can facilitate a re-creation allowing people to let go of constraints and just be free to play.
- He thinks it may have been different in the early 80’s, when the competition was so intense.
- Stork, Jake, and Randy talk about whether it is as competitive now, or if it’s just different.
- Stork talks about the Jersey Jam and OCTAD; a 1970 flip of a coin had a lot to do with his participation.
- He shares why he started Flying Disc World Magazine and gives us a history lesson on why he used ‘Flying Disc’ and not ‘Frisbee’.
- Jake and Randy are excited to put some of that play into practice and jam together today in Seattle!
Always a pleasure to hear Stork talk about the good old days.
Stork is wise